Natural Remedies For Menopausal Women
There is excellent news for menopausal women today.
In the past women have had no choice about menopausal treatments.
Doctors have traditionally only offered hormone replacement therapy as a legitimate treatment for the symptoms associated with menopause.
Today, however, other alternative treatments are making headlines in regards to menopause and post-menopause.
These remedies are a little more natural and are often very useful.
Although you may not be familiar with them, people have been using them since the beginning of time.
Take a look at some of these alternative treatments for menopause to see if they would possibly work for you.
This form of medicine uses herbs, homeopathy, and other treatments like acupuncture for illnesses or bothersome symptoms.
It is being used more and more for menopause as well.
Experts warn that women who are at high risk of developing heart disease or other serious illnesses correlated with menopausal women should consider traditional treatments like hormone replacement therapy.
Those at low risk, however, can opt for a completely natural method such as this one.
Combining all of the physical treatments to find the best route for you is what this alternative therapy is all about.
Studies show that many herbs are very effective at controlling menopausal women and the symptoms associated with it.
Black cohosh is widely used for hot flashes while St. John’s Wart is a favorite herb for moodiness or anxiety.
Herbs have been used since the beginning of time by different groups of people.
They are still widely used in the non-Western world.
They are becoming more and more common in the West as well, however.
Those who favor alternative medicine will tell you that vitamins used in higher doses than usually can help ease the symptoms of menopause.
At different times in your life, your body will naturally lack different vitamins.
While you can often get the nutrients you need from food, talk with your doctor about extra supplements that may help you throughout menopause.
Soy has many different benefits for the body.
It has shown to lower blood pressure and helps stimulate disease preventing antibodies in the body.
It has also been known to help prevent hot flashes in women going through menopause.
If you don’t get enough soy, you can take soy tablets or try soy butter, soy milk, or other soy products.
Diet is a large part of why some people feel good, and others don’t.
Have you ever noticed that when you eat a lot of junk food, you feel horrible physically?
During menopause, your body needs proper nutrition.
It is best to stick with as many fruits, vegetables, and grains as you can during this time.
Try to stay away from fats and red meat.
These alternative treatments are excellent for menopausal women who want to stay as natural as possible throughout menopause.
Remember however that some women will need hormone replacement therapy.
You should talk with your doctor and make the decision together regarding your treatment plans.
Diet and supplements for menopause to see results in as little as 24 hours.
Top foods causing hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms
1) Processed Sugar- Yeast and candida overgrowth in the gut which causes inflammation
2) Processed Soy- Contain estrogens
3) Conventional Meats- Packed with hormones, steroids and antibiotics that affect your hormones causing low sex drive and low energy
4) Packaged Foods- Contain hydrogenated oils and refined flours
5) Artificial Sweeteners- Sucralose, Aspartame and Splenda
6) Gluten- Cause inflammation of gut lining and can lead to autoimmune disease Top foods to help balance hormones and get rid of menopause symptoms
1) Healthy fats- avocado (high in potassium, magnesium and Omega-9 fats)
2) Omega 3 fatty acid- wild caught salmon and wild caught fish
3) Grass Fed beef- full of iron
4) Berries- High in Antioxidants
5) Flaxseeds and Flax Meal – sprouted or chia or hemp add to a morning smoothie
6) Coconut Products- Balance blood sugar
7) Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, turnips, kale) -Help to remove phytoestrogens to detox
Supplements for menopause
1) Black Cohosh –http://draxe.com/black-cohosh/
2) Vitex- balance many hormones in body and help female organs
3) Adaptogen Herbs- ginseng, ashwagandha, holy basil
4) Omega- 3- Reduce inflammation
5) Collagen Protein Powder
6) Probiotics- Help digestion- 95% of serotonin is produced in gut
7) Essential Oils- Clary Sage and Thyme- balance hormones *Ylang Ylang, orange, sandalwood (balancing mood)
1) Reduce stress
2) Detox Bath (epsom salts with essential oils)
3) Go on walks throughout the day
4) Give yourself some free time For more information on menopause relief and other natural remedies: http://draxe.com/5-natural-remedies-m…
*This content is strictly the opinion of Anthony Thomas and Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only.
It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician.
All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions.